Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:00am
MTOS’s experiential learning curriculum combines natural science study, community building activities and opportunities for participants to increase their self-confidence through outdoor activities.
Instructor responsibilities include:
- Active participation in staff training
- Teaching small group classes (generally two, three hour classes per day). Instructors are responsible for developing proficiency in all MTOS classes
- Leading evening programs(average of two programs per week)
- Full participation in all staff meetings and professional development activities
- Assisting with student orientation and meal
- Interacting professionally with students, teachers and parents
- Maintaining program equipment
- Implementing risk management systems for programs, equipment and transportation
- Bi-weekly “On Call” duties as assigned, not exceeding two times per month.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Instructors should be 21+ years of age and have completed their college degree. Degrees in a related field (Biology, Ecology, Education, and Recreation) preferred. Preference is given to those who have experience teaching in experiential and adventure education.
Certification in CPR and First Aid is required (WFR preferred).
Staff should have experience working with young people and have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, hands-on activities in natural science, outdoor living skills, teambuilding, facilitation of high ropes and rock climbing and wilderness expeditions.
Staff involved with leading backpacking and rock climbing expeditions are required to be certified in WFA (WFR preferred).
Salary: Instructor compensation begins at $260/week. Room and board are provided for the employment period. Staff agreements include paid staff training.
Dates of Employment:
- Fall Season: August 7th, 2017 through November 17th, 2017.
- Spring Season: February 12th, 2018 through May 25th, 2018.
**Possibility for job extension between Fall and Spring season
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.MTOS.kanuga.org and submit an instructor application. You will be asked to provide 3 references.
If you have questions, contact MTOS at email@example.com or 828-692-9136 ext. 2839
Application Closing Date: August 1st for the fall and February 1st for the spring or until all positions are filled.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted to set up an interview time.