Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Instructor - Mountain Trail Outdoor School
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Instructor responsibilities include:
- Active participation in staff training (Starting Feb 15th for spring and August 6th for the fall)
- Teaching small group classes (generally two, three hour classes per day). Instructors are responsible for developing proficiency in all MTOS classes
- Leading evening programs(average of two programs per week)
- Full participation in all staff meetings and professional development activities
- Assisting with student orientation and meal orientation responsibilities
- Interacting professionally with students, teachers and parents
- Maintaining program equipment
- Implementing risk management systems for programs, equipment and transportation
- Other duties as assigned
Instructors should be 21+ years of age and have completed their college degree. Degrees in a related field (Biology, Ecology, Education, and Recreation) preferred. Preference is given to those who have experience teaching in experiential and adventure education.
Certification in CPR and First Aid is required (WFR preferred).
Staff should have experience working with young people and have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, hands-on activities in natural science, outdoor living skills, teambuilding, facilitation of high ropes and rock climbing and wilderness expeditions.
Staff involved with leading backpacking and rock climbing expeditions are required to be certified in WFA (WFR preferred).
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.MTOS.kanuga.org and submit an instructor application. You will be asked to provide 3 references.
If you have questions, contact MTOS at email@example.com or 828-692-9136 ext. 2839
Application Closing Date: Open Until filled, we are currently hiring for August 2017.
Applications for the fall season will be accepted until August 6, 2017 or until all positions are filled