Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Interpretive Lead Teacher
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Interpretive Lead Teacher is responsible for training and mentoring staff to create an environment that provides unique, interactive, and educational experiences focusing on nature and conservation for Zoo guests. Incumbent promotes Sedgwick County Zoo by exhibiting and training staff to have a positive, unique and memorable impact. Zoo perks included!
- Frequently lifts, carries or moves objects or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, stand and sit for extended time periods within indoor and outdoor environments.
- Coursework from an accredited college or university or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrates a passion for wildlife conservation and conservation education
- 18 years of age
- Valid State of Kansas Driver's License
- Associates degree and/or Interpretive certification
- Two or more years' of supervisory experience
- Experience in a formal or informal learning setting
- Experience with domestic animals
Work Environment – Shared team office
16-29 hours per week, weekends required
$10.25 - $10.75 per hour