Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Plans, prepares, markets and presents public interpretive programs to a variety of audiences;
- Assists in the operation and coordination of the interpretive center and major recreation activities;
- Performs minor custodial duties related to the maintenance of interpretive center facilities and exhibits;
- Develops interpretive program curriculum and exhibits development;
- Assists in the design and production of various interpretive media;
- Trains other park and volunteer staff;
- Acts as HSIC representative at public events;
- Assists in planning and implementing resource management activities;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field desirable.
- Minimum of 2-years of teaching/interpretive experience, preferable at the elementary level in informal setting.
- Knowledge of San Francisco Bay-Estuary native fishes, reptiles and invertebrates.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with San Francisco Bay natural history and ecological concepts.
- Experience and ability to identify native wetland species.
How to Apply:
- All applicants must complete a H.A.R.D. application. Applications can be found at: haywardrec.org
- ADA please notify this office regarding the type of reasonable accommodations needed 3 days following recruitment closing date
- Applications can be picked up and delivered to:
Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center
Attn: Adrienne De Ponte
4901 Breakwater Ave
Hayward, CA 94545
and other Requirements for the position:
- Proof of U.S. residency
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification required
- Provide proof of negative TB Skin Test
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License
- Any offer of employment to an adult employee who will have direct contact with minors is conditional upon a satisfactory fingerprint clearance and background check (DOJ)