Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Interpretive Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 9, 2017, 12:00pm
Website:Interpretive Prog. Coord.r
- Performs administrative support and programming duties at Fountain Creek Nature Center, including planning and leading programs, volunteer scheduling, marketing, program registration and development of marketing efforts, including the seasonal program guides.
- Provides public information services, including orientation to the public regarding nature programs, regional parks and trails; greets visitors, answers inquiries and makes and receives phone calls.
- Provides external and internal customer service. Receives, screens and directs incoming calls and visitors to the appropriate location or individual.
- Schedules appointments and maintains office and program calendar. Updates mailing and phone lists and assists in routine daily operations ensuring visitor safety and compliance with regulations.
- Schedules field trips, including teacher confirmation letters, scheduling volunteer leaders, and maintaining registration records for nature camps and special events.
- Organizes and leads Environmental Education programs, Children's Nature Series programs, Public Programs, Scout programs and birthday parties; assists with leading Nature Camps.
- Assists with special events as needed, including recruiting volunteers.
- Develops and produces the quarterly Program & Events Guide.
- Delivers or arranges presentations of on and off-site nature-based and place-based educational programs for children and adults, including maintaining and expanding current educational programs as appropriate, recommending new programs, and developing and implementing recommended programs as approved.
- Markets programs maximizing use of no-cost options, including posting information and photos regularly on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Produces bi-monthly Constant Contact emails and updates program announcements and information on County and community websites. Develops and distributes press releases, e-flyers, and programs. Develops articles for local community publications and/or the Naturalist Notes Newsletter.
- Works cooperatively with nature center staff to accomplish goals and mission of the nature center. Uses generally accepted interpretation techniques. Tracks attendance at programs. Maximizes use of limited resources through donations, volunteers and creativity. Supports all fundraising and other nature center activities.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of displays, new exhibits, and other nature center facilities, equipment, and materials.
- Provides support to the Community Services Department and the Recreation and Cultural Services Division.
- Performs other duties as required.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
How to Apply:
Must apply on line at http://adm.elpasoco.com/EmploymentBenefitsMedicalServices/Employment/Pages/OpenPositions.aspx. Closing date: 6/9/17.
Full-Time employees are eligible for health insurance benefits that include: Medical; Dental; Vision; Life Insurance; Retirement.