Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
K-12 Education and Outreach Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:00pm
The primary responsibilities of the K-12 Education and Outreach Assistant are to assist with the delivery of The Everglades Foundation’s educational programming. Specifically, this position will:
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Education and Education Manager
- Work collaboratively with the education team in planning, coordinating, and delivering Everglades Literacy Program K-12 teacher trainings
- Assist with the planning and implementation of outreach events and activities. These include fieldtrips, STEM/STEAM nights, classroom presentations, and other school designated activities
- Engage students in hands on Everglades STEM activities
- Data entry and general office tasks such as copying, printing, filing, binding, and packing
- Schedule and attend school fieldtrips in collaboration with other community partners
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum qualifications: A high school diploma plus 2 years of related experience. A valid Driver’s License.
- B.S. in education, environment, or related field
- Experience working with students and teachers
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database management, email, internet use and research, etc.
- Able to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Able to proactively solve problems and think analytically
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and willing to work irregular hours, including evening and weekend events
- Punctual, reliable, and self-directed
*This position works where children regularly congregate and in accordance with Florida Statutes, applicants must pass criminal sexual predator and sexual offender background checks. Successful applicants will also be subject to local, state, and FBI background checks, including fingerprinting)
The K-12 Education and Outreach Assistant reports directly to the Director of Education.
The Foundation’s main office is located in Palmetto Bay, Florida, in southern Miami-Dade County, in a suburban setting with spectacular views of Biscayne National Park.
Travel and Schedule
This position requires considerable local travel. Additionally, K-12 Education and Outreach Assistant is required to attend weekend and/or evening training sessions and other events that must be synchronized with the school calendar, which varies by county.
Salary Range: $13.00 – $16.00 / hourly
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to Bianca Cassouto, Education Manager at email@example.com