Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Keystone Science School Kitchen Assistant
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Keystone Science School
Our ideal candidate will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Wash and dry kitchen pots/utensils, client/staff dishes and ensure their proper storage;
- Assist in the preparation of meals, such as washing, peeling, cutting, and cooking of food;
- Serve meals to clients, staff and others, occasionally clearing of tables after meals;
- Prepare and serve beverages to staff, clients and others;
- Clean the kitchen area (floors, cookers etc.);
- Collect and dispose properly of waste and recyclables;
- Organize storeroom as necessary;
- Ensure a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene and ensure that safe working practices are followed;
- Report any problems to the Cafeteria Chef II or a responsible staff manager;
- Unload deliveries from suppliers when needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
- Have a strong work ethic and the will to work until the job is complete;
- Be motivated to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community, #IamKSS;
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form;
- Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Provide superior customer service skills with the ability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’;
- Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Work successfully in a busy environment with many distractions;
- Must possess an intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action;
- Additionally, we require and expect this person to be disciplined in thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence
How to Apply:
Want to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org. Application materials must be submitted by May 6th, 2015.
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.