Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Land Stewardship Coordinator - Americorps
Hilltown Land Trust protects land and promotes ecological diversity and health, respectful land stewardship, historic character, and natural beauty in the Hilltowns of western Massachusetts.
This year we are looking for 1 TerraCorps Member to join Hilltown Land Trust as a Land Stewardship Coordinator. The Member will be part of the 2022-2023 TerraCorps - Americorps program and join up to 80 other members serving with nonprofit partner organizations across Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including a Community Engagement Coordinator serving at Hilltown Land Trust.
The Land Stewardship Coordinator's focus will be on working with committed volunteers to actively steward conserved land in the Hilltowns, recruiting new volunteers, monitoring conserved land, updating management plans, and assisting with public education through events and communications.
Members serve in full-time (38 hour/week) positions from August 29th, 2022 to July 28, 2023. These 1,700-hour AmeriCorps positions receive a living allowance of $18,500 paid out in equal installments and are eligible for health insurance coverage, childcare assistance, education award, federal loan forbearance, and additional AmeriCorps benefits.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 29, 2022
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis, so we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. We aim to fill this position by late July.
AmeriCorps programs provide equal service opportunities. TerraCorps will recruit and select persons for all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive community. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and varying experiences, including people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals. We will provide reasonable accommodations for interviews and services upon request. TerraCorps is a grant program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- TerraCorps Members will receive a living allowance of up to $18,500 (pre-tax) over the 11- month term of service, which is $740 (pre-tax) per 25 biweekly pay periods.
- TerraCorps assists Members in obtaining health insurance coverage. Reimbursement of costs may be available.
- Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need.
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps Members receive a taxable $6,495 education award that can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans. See https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/segal-americorps-education-award for info and restrictions.
- TerraCorps Members are eligible for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans, as well as payment of interest accrued during service.
- TerraCorps Members will receive mentorship, training, and career development opportunities while serving directly with community-based nonprofits.
- Note: TerraCorps Members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
(413) 628-4485 ext. 2