Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Lead Program Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Keystone Science School is hiring Lead Program Instructors to be team leaders for overnight outdoor education field trips during the school year and camps and adventure programs in the summer. Lead Instructors are responsible for teaching science curriculum, leading summer camp activities (hiking, camping, songs, skits, archery, etc.), facilitating meals and evening programs, and completion of manual labor tasks on a rotating basis. Lead Instructors will also be the main point of contact for schools during their visit to KSS.
Lead Program Instructors work collaboratively with a fun and mission-driven team that cares about youth science and outdoor education, and your work will positively and directly impact the thousands of campers that visit KSS campus each year. This position requires a minimum of 1 year of teaching experience (either in an outdoor or classroom setting), a Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification, and a valid driver’s license/excellent driving record.
KSS is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a group of up to 13 students
- Plan, prepare, and teach grade appropriate curriculum and activities
- Lead overnight wilderness camping trips and hikes
- Facilitate adventure experience with professional contracts (e.g. rafting, climbing)
- Facilitate support staff duties (e.g. meals, evening programs, manual labor tasks)
- Maintain high standards for safety and risk management
Dates of Employment and Schedule
February 2022 - November 2022. School-year schedule: 5 days per week and includes some nights and weekends. Summer schedule: 6 days per week including nights and weekends. There will be scheduled time off between spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Compensation, Benefits, and Housing
The salary base rate is $524 per week and $576 per week for Spanish speakers. Benefits include:
- 100% employer-paid short- and long-term disability, $50,000 life insurance policy with matching AD&D benefit;
- 1st year instructors will be allocated 4 PTO days, 2nd year instructors will be allocated 6 PTO days, and 3rd+ year instructors will be allocated 8 PTO days. Up to 96 paid sick hours, and some federal holidays paid, prorated based on hours worked;
- 401K retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match contribution;
- Discounts for family members on KSS programs;
- Access to outdoor industry pro deals and a discounted ski pass.
Housing and food is provided at no cost. Instructors are required to live on campus. Housing includes rustic cabins, dorms, and/or canvas tents that may be shared with other staff.
Required COVID 19 Vaccine Policy
Keystone Science School has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy. Individuals hired after January 1, 2022 are required to be either fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated before their start dates. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the revocation of the employment offer.
Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the Human Resources Department to begin the accommodation process. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause KSS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
About Keystone Science School
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. For more information, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@KeystoneScienceSchool.org.
How to Apply:
Ready to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application found at KeystoneScienceSchool.org/Employment.