Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Lead Science Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, January 15, 2018, 11:30pm
Alaska Geographic is currently seeking an experienced educator to join our 2018 team as a lead science educator. In addition to the standard duties of science educators, this position will also coordinate and co-instruct the Denali Summer Science Academy, a four day youth camp where high school students explore Denali’s wilderness and work alongside park scientists.
- Deliver high quality interpretive presentations to tour groups visiting Denali including bus excursions, dinner presentations, interpretive talks, and other custom education programs.
- Work with a national park service co-instructor to lead 3 sessions of a four day overnight youth camp that introduces youth to Denali’s wilderness and park science.
- Assist with preparations for seasonal staff training (this position will start a month before other staff).
- Assist with equipment maintenance, facility projects, and program support/development as assigned.
- Provide quality customer service and informal science education while staffing MSLC exhibit area.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Naturalist or science/environmental education experience working with high school aged youth.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Proven group management skills in an outdoor setting.
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification.
- Ability to work well with a diverse schedule and a high degree of responsibility.
- Positive and upbeat attitude in a fast paced work environment with a demanding schedule.
- Knowledge of wildlife research and natural history of the subarctic.
- Experience with computers and common office software programs.
- Must have valid driver’s license with 5 years driving experience and good driving record.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. (we do not sponsor employment visas).
- Work with a dynamic team dedicated to science and education.
- Learn from and work with researchers in Denali.
- Live, work, learn, and play in a spectacular wilderness setting!
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for occasional long weekends.
- Competitive pay.
- On-campus housing may be available.
How to Apply:
Email a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline is January 15, 2018.