Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Lead Summer Camp Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, April 23, 2017, 5:00pm
Snoopy Cooperative Preschool, located in Yellowstone National Park, seeks an experienced outdoor education instructor for a full-time summer position for children entering 1st through 6th grades.
The summer camp instructor will lead daily nature, science, and art-based explorations in Yellowstone National Park and nearby areas for local elementary-aged students (entering 1st - 6th grades in the fall). The lead instructor will also oversee and mentor junior instructors, guest instructors for focused topics, and parent helpers.
- 40 hours/week, Monday - Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm, with some weekly preparation time
- Training days: 2 days sometime during June 5 - 8, 2017
- Camp weeks: June 12 - August 18, 2017 (possible 1 week break over July 4 week)
- Implement daily camp lessons involving nature, science and art-based explorations outdoors with a hands-on and engaging delivery.
- Be responsible for the safety and health of up to 30 children, with the support of the Snoopy Preschool director, co-workers and parent helpers, including developing alternative indoor activities if weather prevents planned outside activities.
- Oversee daily camp logistics including gathering and maintaining camp materials, keeping track of daily attendance, communicating with parents about upcoming activities and any issues, tracking contact information for camp attendees, etc.
- Enthusiasm, along with the ability and willingness to adapt to dynamic and changeable conditions and situations while demonstrating leadership in everyday problem-solving
- Completed or currently pursuing a BA or BS in environmental science, environmental education, biology, natural sciences, or early education with an environmental emphasis, or a related field
- Have an interest in and understanding of children, and a desire to share outdoor experiences with them
- Experience planning and executing nature-based, natural science, and art activities
- Excellent group dynamic and behavior management skills, ability to engage children and helpers and direct them in an outdoor learning environment
- Must be able to hike and work outside in varying weather conditions
- Proven ability to work with parents cooperatively in a friendly, understanding and professional manner
- Knowledge of Yellowstone ecosystem’s natural history and history is a plus
- First Aid/CPR certified for children and adults; wilderness first aid is a plus
- Qualified candidates must be over 21 years of age
- Must pass criminal background and central child abuse registry checks.
- $12-$14/hour depending on experience
- OR a combination of salary and housing provided
How to Apply:
To apply please send resume and cover letter to:
Jenni Burr, Snoopy Preschool Director/Teacher
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Gardiner Snoopy Cooperative Preschool
PO Box 287
Gardiner, MT 59030