Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Leadership Training Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 29, 2019, 5:00pm
Website:Leadership Training Assistant
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) is now seeking a Leadership Training Assistant in Bretton Woods, NH! AMC’s Leadership Training & Risk Management Department is responsible for providing training and risk management expertise to staff and volunteer activity leaders. Using both indoor and outdoor classrooms, the department instructs AMC leaders in guiding safety-focused excursions across the club’s region in addition to sharing our expertise with like-minded organizations.
- - Conduct both classroom-based and field-based leadership trainings for AMC program participants, staff and volunteers.
- - Assist with trip logistics and paperwork for all Leadership Training programs.
- - Organize and maintain program gear, including group backpacking materials, first aid kits and backcountry radios.
- - Work with volunteer field instructors and staff to plan menus, food requisitions and distributions, curriculum needs and other instructor logistics for Mountain Leadership School programs.
- - Promote AMC’s excellence in leadership training through blog posts, new curriculum development and communications with volunteers, staff and participants.
- - Periodically travel to locations across AMC’s geographic region to facilitate training and/or attend meetings with staff and volunteers.
- - Help coordinate transportation for groups; drive passenger vans when needed.
- - Fill in as an instructor for other AMC programs as necessary.
How to Apply:
Click here to learn more and apply: https://bit.ly/2BZSxe2. This is a full time, 6-month seasonal position that starts in early spring 2019. Candidates with the availability to work through the entire season are preferred.
Starting pay is $12.00/hour, and the standard workdays are Monday through Friday with some weekends scheduled in advance. Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees, however, space is limited so don’t delay in applying and reserving your spot now! The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. We look forward to hearing from you soon!