Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Learning Garden Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 19, 2016, 5:30pm
In Partnership with the Confluence Environmental Center, The Learning Garden Educator will engage volunteers, faculty and staff at PCC – Southeast in planting and maintaining the garden space and be responsible for promoting and guiding volunteers, faculty and staff in environmental/garden education. This individual will integrate environmental education in classroom activities, programs, and various events on campus (40%). The Learning Garden Educator will promote environmental justice by serving with the diverse student populations on campus, as well as community partners, such as high schools in Southeast Portland and local environmental groups, to gain input on the garden and provide education around healthy living and sustainable food systems (40%).
The Member will participate in Confluence led professional development activities: Professional Development Series, completing a Change Agent Project, team meetings, National Service events and other self-directed development opportunities (20%).
See our website for more details http://www.confluencecenter.org/
How to Apply:
Project Supervisors will conduct all initial interviews and recommend top candidates to Confluence. Here’s how to apply:
STEP 1: Apply to Project Supervisor: Email the following items to: Julia Betts, Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org, 971-722-6417
- 1 page cover letter
- contact information for three references
STEP 2: AmeriCorps Application: Application materials are completed online at the AmeriCorps website and include:
- AmeriCorps Application – Filled out and submitted to a Confluence position
- Two On-Line References – Included in the online application.
- Online Certification Form –This form is included in the online application or it can be found on the Confluence website. It can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the Confluence Office.
STEP 3: Confluence Interview & Placement: Confluence will conduct interviews with selected candidates and offer position by end of December 2016.
Member Benefits Include:
- A taxable, monthly living allowance ($12,530 paid over the term of service).
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible Members receive an education award of $5,775. The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans or for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational or trade schools. The education award is taxed in the year that it is used.
- Loan forbearance (after successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps will pay the accrued interest on qualified loans, which is taxable).
- Basic medical insurance (covers Members only, not dependents).
- Child care allowance for those who qualify.
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Professional development, trainings and networking opportunities.
- $100 training fund available.