Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery-Visitor Services Assistant-U.S. Military Veterans Only
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Mt. Adams Institute
The Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery, in partnership with the Mt. Adams Institute and AmeriCorps, is now offering a full-time, paid internship for U.S. Military Veterans.
Visitor Services Assistant
In partnership with the Mt. Adams Institute, the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery intends to maintain a high quality visitor services program, including interpretation in multiple formats and educational programs for many audiences, that serve the mission of the hatchery and the USFWS.
General Responsibilities (to include, but not limited to):
- Greeting and orienting visitors to the hatchery.
- Providing informative and interpretive site tours.
- Maintaining the Complex's Facebook page.
- Developing and delivering curricula for educational programs.
- Working with others to maintain pollinator/butterfly garden; and to remove invasive plants on the site.
- Networking with other organizations and agencies for mutual assistance in providing educational programs and other essential visitor services.
- Working with staff and other volunteers to complete critical tasks in support of the hatchery's mission.
- Recruiting volunteers to serve the Complex.
- Working closely with Friends of Northwest Hatcheries to support the Wenatchee River Salmon Festival.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and ability to provide documentation. Must comply with Driver Certification and Safety -Agreement (see VetsWork Application Documents on website).
- Attend a mandatory orientation in Corbett, OR from 2/6 to 2/10, quarterly Intern trainings in Trout Lake, WA (food and lodging provided for orientation and trainings), and quarterly Intern meetings.
- Willingness to learn and to accept and act on feedback.
- Interest in working with people, both the public and staff/volunteers.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Willingness to talk to and lead groups of various ages and backgrounds.
- Must have served in US Armed Forces and have a DD214 with an honorable discharge.
- At least 21 years of age at beginning of service term.
- U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent, or commit to earning one prior to receiving an education award.
- Ability to commit to the full 45-week term of service.
- Experience delivering educational programs of some kind.
- Experience working with elementary-age students.
- Ability to work with advanced computer programs, such as Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.
- Experience with visitor services, such as greeting and orienting visitors, dealing with customers regularly, etc.
- Knowledge of biology, natural history, and/or cultural history.
***Visit: http://www.mtadamsinstitute.com/jobs/ for a full position description and application instructions.***
***To view a short video about Mt. Adams Institute’s VetsWork program visit http://www.mtadamsinstitute.com/programs/.***
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 6, 2017
How to Apply:
-$1,100 Monthly Living Allowance
-$5,775 Education Award
-Child Care Assistance
-Student Loan Forbearance