Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Lee County Conservation Board Executive Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 5:30pm
The Lee County Conservation Board has a position opening for its Executive Director, a permanent, full-time position starting at $66,973 annually plus generous benefits. Closing date for applying is Friday, March 10, 2017.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general direction from the County Conservation Board, provide administrative guidance and ensure effective operation of the Board Office.
- In consultation with the County Attorney's Office, ensure compliance with the Code of Iowa.
- Manage Board Office and specific projects as assigned by the Board.
- Direct communication and outreach efforts on behalf of the Board.
- Serve as the Board's confidential liaison regarding the administration of Board policies and procedures.
- Advise the Board on administrative matters and policy issues.
- A detailed job description may be found online at LeeCounty.org.
- Graduation from a four (4) year college or university with major course work in natural sciences, outdoor recreation or a job-related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in natural resource management and program administration, with demonstrated experience in budgeting, grant writing, and staff management.
- Preference will be given to those demonstrating experience working with boards of directors, government agencies, and managing and operating an education center and integrating multiple disciplines.
- Qualified candidates selected for interviews or the successful applicant must agree to submit to a background check and the successful candidate will be expected to complete a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, three references, and Lee County application form (available at LeeCounty.org) to Tom Buckley, 2652 Highway 61, Montrose, IA 52639 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applying is Friday, March 10, 2017. Lee County Conservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is not an offer or guarantee of employment.
- $66,973 annually
- Generous health benefits
- IPERS state retirement