Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Manager, Education & Membership Events
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 31, 2020, 11:45pm
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI) is looking for a professional with excellent communication skills and membership management experience to help us fulfill our mission of fostering innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. If you are organized, team-orientated, and striving to effect positive change in this world then this may be your ideal job. The Manager, Education and Membership Events will report to the Director, Education, Associates and Corporate Partnerships and the Vice President of Development and Membership in order to ensure the smooth operation and promotion of all education and member related events, along with being a key contact for all members of ELI. Specifically, this position will:
- Post and promote the hundreds of events that ELI hosts for our members and non-members
- Ensure a smooth registration process for attendees to all events
- Allow membership communication and engagement activities to run efficiently
- Communicate the weekly email for all members
Since 1969, ELI has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management, domestically and abroad. ELI is an internationally recognized, non-partisan research and education center working to strengthen environmental protection by improving law and governance worldwide.
- In close coordination with the Education team, the Manager will work to update the website and registration pages for all ELI events
- In close coordination with the Communications team, the Manager will work to post all events on the website and send out event notifications in a timely manner
- The Manager will handle all event registrations for members and non-members including checking on the status of membership, encouraging membership and tracking what events members and non-members can attend.
- The Manager will work closely with the Development and Membership Associate to ensure member firms and individual members are using their benefits correctly and are up to date.
- The Manager will compile, design and write the ELI membership email that goes out to all members on a weekly basis including tracking firm alerts and other important events for the organization.
- Supports and participates in diversity, equity, and inclusion work within ELI and models sensitivity to the needs and priorities of the diverse communities who make up ELI’s broader constituency.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
Given the COVID-19 public health emergency and ELI’s commitment to prioritizing the health and wellness of its employees, this position will initially be teleworking only. However, once ELI resumes a normal in-office staff presence, this position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Specific knowledge and experience in: Database management and Customer Relationship Management Platforms
- Excellent skills in: Written and verbal interpersonal communications, organization, attention to detail, time management
- Demonstrated ability to: Manage multiple tasks at once, work in a fast-paced event environment, respond to problems quickly and efficiently
- General knowledge of: Membership events, communications and public relations
- Great attitude when dealing with multiple requests at once.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Years of experience: 5-7 years in a related field
- Specialized training in CRMs and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and CiviCRM or similar a plus, along with website management such as Drupal.
$50,000 - $55,000 annually (commensurate with experience) and includes excellent benefits such as:
• Health/Dental/Vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer paid life insurance & disability insurance
• Long Term Care insurance
• Pre-tax transportation benefit
• Fitness Incentive
• 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
• Paid time off
How to Apply:
Submit an application package via ELI's online application system. Simply visit https://www.eli.org/employment to get started. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume
Applications must be submitted no later than July 31, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis in an effort to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery. No phone calls, please.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness. As such, minority candidates and candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.