Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Manager of Volunteer Programs
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, April 30, 2017, 12:00am
Who We Are:
Philadelphia Zoo works to fulfill our mission as an animal care organization, as a resource to schools and families, and as an ark and advocate for endangered animals around the world.
What makes the Zoo a unique place to work? Whether you are involved with caring for animals, educating our visitors or working in a behind-the-scenes position in administration, maintenance or garden services, all of our positions share our institutional mission, purpose, and core values.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Manager of Volunteer Programs that will lead the development and refinement of Zoo volunteer programs that support the Zoo’s mission, purpose and core values.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the design, development and implementation of a diverse volunteer program.
- Recruit volunteers that reflect the diversity of our audiences and communities.
- Responsible for the daily management of volunteer groups, including; performance evaluation and coaching, attendance tracking and adherence to Zoo policies and procedures.
- Manage the Coordinator of Youth Programs.
- Develops and maintain collegial, trusting working relationships with Zoo volunteer groups
- Establishes and implements effective training mechanisms that ensure consistent and quality delivery of the mission-based interpretative and engagement experience in the Zoo.
- Establish and implement robust communication strategies.
- Carry out appreciation and recognition programs for volunteers and plays a prominent public role at appreciation and recognition events.
- Represents the Zoo’s volunteer program to external organizations.
What This Role Requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of high volume volunteer programs.
- Thorough understanding of Volunteer programs and general business principles.
- Must strongly believe in and value the power and contributions of volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include weekends, evenings, & holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, facilitating interaction between visitors and Zoo volunteers
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Pay – We recognize talent and we pay to keep it
- Medical, Dental, Vision –While you have our back on the grounds, we cover yours’ with health insurance
- Annual Leave – We all need a break from time to time
- 401K – There will come a time, when you are ready to retire
- Family membership pass with complimentary tickets – (Warning: You will become a celebrity amongst your friends once they hear you work for America’s 1st Zoo)