Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Marine Science Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Seacamp Main Page
Extensive training includes: science seminars; American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding, Oxygen Administration, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer; skin diving leadership; seamanship and boat handling; camp life; and teaching techniques.
- Must be at least a college sophomore.
- Must be working towards or recently graduated with B.S. or B.A. in Biology, Marine Science, Education, or related field.
- Experienced in supervising young people in group activities.
- Possess or successfully complete during staff training, American Red Cross certifications in Waterfront Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR\PR, AED, When Help Is Delayed, O2 Adminstration, and NAUI Skin Diving Leadership.
- Must successfully complete the Seacamp Captain's Workshop during staff training.
- Must be able to lead and actively participate in rigorous outdoor learning experiences.
- Must demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to work in a leadership capacity.
- Posses current U.S. driver’s license with a good driving record.
How to Apply:
Send resume with complete work history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you to complete your employment packet. The process will include an application, official college transcripts, and references. Applicants will be required to submit a Level II fingerprint background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Salary/Stipend, housing, meals when participants are in residence, training, worker's compensation insurance, and staff boat use during time off.