Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator VISTA
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 2:00pm
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator VISTA serves to promote Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space’s community-based programs and recreational opportunities.
The mission of Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space is to provide exceptional parks, open space, and diverse recreational opportunities to enhance the quality of life in Carson City, while preserving our natural resources for future generations.
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space team. This person will develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan for the community programs provided by Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space and will help inform the citizens of Carson City about the recreational opportunities that exist in Carson Parks.
Service Location: Carson City, NV
Timeline for Service: July 31, 2017 - July 30, 2018
- Research, develop, and implement a low-cost and high-impact marketing plan;
- Design and implement a public awareness outreach campaign incorporating a variety of media types including print, video, web-based and social media platforms, designed to educate the public on Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space programs and facilities;
- Collaborate with the Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space staff and fellow VISTAs to evaluate the marketing and outreach operations;
- Develop and maintain a database to track results of outreach campaigns;
- Commitment to the Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising, graphic design, or related field;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- Preferred: experience using social media and traditional media as tools for marketing and outreach;
- Preferred: experience with website design and management;
- Preferred: experience with graphic design;
- Preferred: reading, writing, and speaking competency in Spanish language.
Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space’s Marketing and Outreach Coordinator VISTA position is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit americorps.gov.
Carson City will provide a housing option at a Carson City park. A separate housing agreement may be required if the selected candidate chooses this option.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 28, 2017
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to Patti Liebespeck at PLiebespeck@carson.org. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter and resume. Applications are also accepted through AmeriCorps.gov. Search for Marketing and Outreach Coordinator.
In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $990/month and health benefits during their service and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,730.00 or post-service stipend of $1,500.00 after completing their service. A relocation travel allowance of no less than $550 may also apply if they are moving.