Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 11:45pm
The Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing, leading, developing, refining, and executing all marketing work at large for the organization. The Marketing Manager will assess existing market attention and interest, and develop and implement creative strategies to attract program participation and philanthropic support. The manager also ensures internal and external brand consistency, both visual and voice.
December 2022 | Full-Time Position
The Marketing Manager will work to ensure Urban Adamah is recognized and celebrated in the larger community, by...
- Further developing promotion of Urban Adamah’s programming and community offerings
- Developing and implementing strategies and collateral / content to promote Urban Adamah’s work and value proposition in the Jewish, urban farming, and general communities
- Serving as a significant contributor to and creator of Urban Adamah’s donor development and organizational marketing materials
- Leading and managing design and production of an annual report, and similar smaller-scale materials throughout the year
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR)
The Marketing Manager will lead efforts to ensure Urban Adamah is well known and highly regarded in the general community, Jewish organizational circles, and amongst potential individual and foundation supporters. This includes...
- Developing print and digital materials that celebrate and promote organizational impact and value
- Attracting media attention to and coverage of Urban Adamah’s work and significance
- Positioning the organization as worthy of philanthropic investment and support
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure Urban Adamah is well known and highly regarded among partner organizations in the Jewish and general communities
The Marketing Manager will hold primary responsibility for ensuring all Urban Adamah programs are effectively marketed to target audiences and the general community. This includes refining existing approaches and developing new strategies and methods for making programming and initiatives widely known. This will include but not be limited to...
- Developing digital and print materials that promote and attract attention to Urban Adamah’s Youth & Family, Young Adult, Farm, and Public Programs
- Ensure strategic messaging about programs, initiatives, and impact, via social media, email marketing, website, etc.
- Manage and lead collection and analysis of data to track program participation, and to amplify Urban Adamah’s story
- Developing mastery of Ontraport, Urban Adamah’s business and marketing automation tool
- Manage and oversee the goals, timeline, budget, and progress of search engine marketing campaigns
- Ensure impact and refine Google Ads campaigns
- Manage Google Analytics 4 to track and share with colleagues, weekly recruitment/registration reports for all current and upcoming programs, open professional positions, etc.
The Marketing Manager leads Urban Adamah communications strategy and implementation and shares Urban Adamah’s activities and messages with priority audiences, including current and prospective program participants, interested members of the community, donors, and others. This work includes...
- Continued development of print and visual materials
- Maintaining and updating Urban Adamah’s website, email, and social media platforms
- Developing and maintaining a communications guide for all internal staff use, and providing guidance and direction to staff colleagues to ensure consistency of organizational voice, internally and externally
- Maintaining and adding to Urban Adamah’s digital photo library (Smugmug) so that it serves as a resource for impactful visual story-telling
- Managing Urban Adamah’s digital presence, including in and on Google, Google Ads, Yelp, Google Reviews, SEO, etc.
- Ensuring the website reflects the organizations values, programs, and successes, both visually and content-wise, including developing new copy and content, editing existing content and design as needed, trouble-shooting problems, and securing needed support from our website developers
BRANDING & VISUAL IDENTITY
The Marketing Manager will work with an outside designer to ensure all design needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
You are passionate about Urban Adamah’s mission and have the background and experience to support and advance our marketing efforts at large. You see the big picture of how marketing should reflect Urban Adamah’s mission and vision, and its critical role in advancing our work. You are a great team player, while also being efficient and effective working independently. You can rally colleagues and inspire their appreciation and support for marketing efforts and initiatives. You are equally interested in and excited about marketing Urban Adamah’s specific and individual programs and events, as you are about strengthening our reputation and notoriety in the larger community and with donors and stakeholders.
We are open to applicants with varying levels and types of experience, provided that the applicant displays the skills required to successfully execute the job described above. You might be a good fit if you possess / demonstrate the following.
BACKGROUND & INTERESTS
- Knowledge of, experience, or interest in earth-based or other interpretive expressions of Jewish life and values, food systems / social justice, and mindfulness
- An appreciation for the natural world and for how deeper connection to it can elevate and bring greater meaning to our individual and shared lives
- A commitment to tikkun olam, fixing the brokenness in our world, and excitement to market and communicate opportunities for others to share in that work
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORTATION
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and can collaborate well with a range of colleagues and other stakeholders
- Are a people person at your core that effectively connects with others and builds community; have demonstrated success developing and sustaining collaborative working relationships
- Are comfortable and effective working independently and as a member of a team, in both leadership and supporting roles
MOTIVATION, ORGANIZATION & SUPERVISION
- Are a self-starter
- Are highly organized, detail oriented, and able to track and execute on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Are comfortable maintaining multiple channels of communication (text, email, phone, Slack) and independently managing your workflow to keep projects on track
- Have experience delegating work without losing accountability for it, and can help a colleagues prioritize and troubleshoot work they are doing at your request
STRATEGY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Are a ‘big picture’ thinker, enjoy developing, refining, and implementing new ideas and initiatives
- Enjoy problem solving, seeing it as an opportunity to connect with and support others and the organization
- Demonstrate a good balance of self-confidence and humility, can name and make the most of your strengths, and welcome feedback that will lead you to grow and develop as a professional
- Appreciate a work environment where you are supported, encouraged, and sometimes pushed to learn new things or consider doing things differently
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities...
- Typing, writing, reading, hearing, and speaking
- Standing and walking for several hours, as well as sitting, squatting, crawling, climbing, and lifting up to 30 pounds
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time benefited, and exempt position that includes healthcare, holidays, and paid time off. The salary range for this position is $63,000 – $72,000 per year. Comprehensive benefits include:
- 100% health care coverage for self and 50% coverage of dependents in a Silver Tier Kaiser plan or its equivalent in our carrier’s options
- 80% coverage of dental insurance for self
- Paid vacation days beginning at 15 days; 20 days in second year; incremental increase to 25 days
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Up to 20 paid holidays (a mix of both national and Jewish holidays)
- Tax-free retirement account after 2 years
- A pre-tax FSA for medical, dependent care, and transit
- Paid and unpaid parental, medical, and bereavement leave (following 1 year of employment)
- Paid Jury Duty leave
- Unpaid time off
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. General hours of employment are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. The Marketing & Communications Manager may occasionally be asked to work on an evening or weekend, for which correlating time off will be given.
This position will be supervised by a member of Urban Adamah’s leadership team.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from diverse backgrounds. This includes Black, Indigenous, Latino, and Asian people, LGBTQ, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. We affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
How to Apply:
See full job description and application link here.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INCLUDES
Cover letter, resume, three professional references with how you know them, and responses to the following short questions. Bullet pointed lists are welcome as responses to the short questions, if preferred by the applicant (maximum 200 words for each).
- Please share how you personally relate to Urban Adamah’s mission.
- Share an example of a marketing and communications success you’ve had in a recent professional role?
- Based on your current impression or knowledge of Urban Adamah’s marketing work, what is a new marketing initiative, approach, or project you think we should launch to increase our public visibility?
- In what ways have you experienced, engaged with, or led work around cultural responsiveness and diversity, equity, and inclusion in your professional life?
Applications will be received and reviewed until October 11, 2022. After this time, we may continue to review applications on a rolling basis, however, encourage candidates to apply before the deadline and/or as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the application or the position, please contact the Executive Director, Adam Weisberg at email@example.com.