Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Master Gardener Program Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 5:00pm
The Master Gardener Program Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to their direct supervisor, the Master Gardener Coordinator. Responsibilities include;
- Keep track of volunteer records and milestones. See that required recertification standards are met, certificates and nametags are ordered and distributed.
- Serve as a liaison for project coordinators with regards to materials and reimbursement
- Update the Volunteer Management System database and listserv
- Assist with scheduling events and meetings
- Assist MG Coordinator with logistics of event preparation
- Assist with assembling and seasonally updating educational materials for Horticulture Help Desks held in the community.
- Arrange Master Gardener speakers for interested community groups.
- Update Master Gardener application materials, background check documents, etc., as needed
- Schedule volunteer coverage of Help Desk, Satellite clinics as well as at community functions.
- Marketing/Public Outreach
- Oversee management of the website and Facebook page
- Identify appropriate technologies to improve program efficiency
- Assist with organization of files and educational materials in the office.
- Identify appropriate media outlets for recruiting a diverse volunteer base.
- Maintain database of applicants to ensure good engagement through the application process.
- Assist Coordinator with ensuring the quality of the overall training course experience. Handle creation of class schedule, scheduling interviews, course invitations, and scheduling speakers.
Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year
APPLY ONLINE ONLY