Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Mercer Slough Early Childhood Educator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Pacific Science Center Careers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Science Education: Teach early learning programs at Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center, including Polliwog Preschool, Tadpole Tots program and seasonal camp programs; assist with other outreach and on-site programming as needed; model effective teaching skills and techniques; communicate effectively and positively with preschool families, mentor peer education staff, and assist mercer Slough Early Childhood Education Coordinator with development, implementation and administration of Mercer Slough early learning programs.
- Staff training and support: Work with Mercer Slough Early Childhood Education Coordinator to ensure ongoing training, development and support systems are in place for PreK education staff.
- Customer Service: Ensure excellent customer service by working closely with City of Bellevue partners, participant families and community leaders; interact appropriately with students and projects a professional, positive and enthusiastic image of Pacific Science Center and Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center.
- Program Operations and Asset Management: Communicate with internal and external entities to discuss logistics of programs and maintain timely written and oral communication.
- Safety: Contribute to the safety of Pacific Science Center staff and program participants by exercising good judgment, following safety procedures and alerting others of problems when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned including alternative service.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, environmental science, education or related field.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Experience working with preschool students and families in a formal and/or informal education setting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Documents
- 1-3 years of experience teaching in an experiential, nature-based setting desired.
How to Apply:
To apply and view full job description, please visit the Pacific Science Center Careers Page - https://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/careers/
To view this specific job description and listing, please visit - http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PACSCI&cws=1&rid=514
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled.