Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Middle School Green Ambassadors Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, June 30, 2016, 1:45am
Website:Environmental Charter Schools
This position reaches far beyond the classroom into the community to both enrich student experience as well as to create opportunities for students to become teachers & leaders in the community.
- Project–based learning allows hands-‐on exploration of subjects that engage academics, service and student interests.
- Experiential learning, including a living campus, outdoor education, & overnight field trips
- Living Campuses featuring cisterns, edible gardens aquaponics & worms to mention a few
- Green Ambassadors Environmental Leadership Course
- Green Ambassadors Institute for educators & administrators
- Community engagement / service-learning
- Outdoor education opportunities / overnight field trips
- Small learning environments that facilitate connections
- Collaborative environment where teachers, staff, students and community partners work together to solve problems
- Community Partnerships with local non-profits and businesses that provide relevant leadership opportunities that yield results (link to partners)
- Effectively and consistently deliver high-quality instruction.
- Develop effective lesson plans, projects and assessments that align with emerging California Core Standards and the existing curriculum for this class.
- Create, inspire and monitor student projects.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team in creating and implementing environmental service learning.
- Maintain green/environmental projects (gardens, water catchment systems, worms, living stream, fruit trees) on the campus and help to initiate new projects that are inspired by the students.
- Identify, maintain and grow community partnerships that enrich student learning.
- Collaborate with other faculty to discuss student achievement data, perfect the craft of instruction, and ensure student mastery of standards.
- Maintain close relationships with families (e.g., through conferences) and tutor students who need extra support.
- Participate in on-going professional development and professional growth through the Green Ambassador Institute and other professional opportunities.
- Seeks and create constant opportunity for student growth.
- Use online technology to manage student individual projects.
- Leads a green life.
- Outgoing and connected.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Positive, energetic and forward thinking.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Is able to match unique student needs with diverse experiences.
- Demonstrates commitment to students, learning, and to emerging best practices in sustainability and education.
- Respect and thrive in a dynamic, changing & growing environment
- Reflective in teaching practice.
- Serves as a role model of the Environmental Charter Schools Philosophy
- Resilient, flexible and resourcefulness.
- Communicates effectively with staff, parents, community partners and students as part of a team.
- Is a model of global citizenship.
- Believes great teaching can change the world.
- Values facilitation over teaching.
- Excited to share best practices and approach with other educators.
- Single subject science credential preferred
- Technologically savvy (imovie, blogging, video, social media, sharing docs, etc).
- Alternative/outdoor classroom teaching experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or second language experience.
- Single subject credential, especially in math or science.
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience with place-based education, for example using a Learning Garden.
- Experience with ecological systems, permaculture, gardening and/or environmental work.
ECS does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. ECS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
How to Apply:
To Apply, Click Here
$42,000 - $59,935 annual salary
(310) 425-1605 x. 1603