Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Middle School SAI Special Education Teacher (2017- 2018 Academic School Year)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Environmental Charter Schools
Environmental Charter Schools is a growing network of free public schools in South Los Angeles that is graduating college-bound leaders who care about their communities. ECS’s vision is that our students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to graduate from college, inspired to discover their own sense of purpose, and empowered to become quality stewards of their communities. ECS’s mission is to create and deliver vibrant, innovative, interdisciplinary learning opportunities using the environment to engage students and connect them to the wider world.
- Collaborate with the SST (Student Success Team) team for interventions for struggling students.
- Attend Final SST meetings w/ school counselor, administration and parents to determine if any further interventions are needed, or if the team can determine if other assessments are needed.
- Suggest interventions to be used in the class for academic and behavioral issues.
- Sit in on classroom observations for students that may be referred for special education.
- Observe and offer support to general education teachers for :
- class/ behavior management
- Reinforce/review classroom accommodations and teaching strategies
- Meet with teachers on a weekly basis to discuss targeted standards that the child struggles with.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, and monthly all staff meetings
- Attend parent conferences every trimester with advisory teacher, parent, and student.
- Translate for parents who are Spanish speakers and have students with disabilities.
- Coordinate interpretation schedules for parent conferences.
- Attend monthly meetings at Special Education resource center (SW Selpa) to ensure program availability for children with disabilities. (PERSONAL GROWTH)
- Ensure accommodation for special education students
- Hold 504 initial/ annual reviewal meetings w/ parents
- Implement/monitor behavioral interventions if needed.
- Review incoming applications for students with IEP and 504’s
- Ensure proper documentation submitted from parent is current and appropriate to ensure compliance w/ the school district, SW Selpa and district
- Have a proficient understanding of Speech reports, psychological reports, Occupational Therapy reports.
- Contact parents for missing documentation-
- Hold intake meetings for incoming students and that proper services, reports etc are in place to meet compliance guidelines.
- Hold 30 day review meetings for new students, parents, teachers and administration if needed
- Collaborate with teachers and collect data for 30 day reviews, annual, Triennial, initial, and exiting IEP;s.
- Conduct battery of academic assessments for Triennial and Initial IEPS for initial.
- Review IEP’s to meet all deadlines.
- Review student’s file and create passport files for general education teachers that includes a list of accommodations, behavioral supports, CST scores, impact of disability, and health conditions.
- Have knowledge of IEP timelines to stay compliant
- Lead approximately 5 learning center classes twice per week
- Coordinate with paraeducators to conduct small group instruction and provide different skill support for students with special needs and to meet their IEP goals (reading, math)
- Morning supervision
- Create and implement lesson plans
- Organizational skills
- Translation (spanish)
- consistent behavior management with the students
- Communicational skills (parents, teachers and staff)
- Adapt to different environments
- Team Player
- Minimum Education - Bachelors
- Credential Authorization - Special Education Specialist Teaching Credential, added autism authorization
- Minimum Field of Experience - 1 year
- Preferred Field of Experience - Experience with behavioral management & intervention
- Intern candidates are considered
ECS does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. ECS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to Apply:
To apply, click here
$48,000 - $75,000 annual salary