Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Minnesota DNR Specialists
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 14, 2016, 5:45pm
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa is hiring four AmeriCorps DNR Specialists (ages 18-25) positions based in Saint Paul. Specialists will work in one of the following areas: Website & Social Media (2 positions), Planning or Youth Outreach. Corpsmembers work alongside natural resource professionals to build their skillset and complete conservation projects.
- Location: Saint Paul, MN
- AmeriCorps service position (ages 18-25 preferred)
January 17 – December 15, 2017
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. typical. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Stipend: $1990/mo
- Education award: $5775 upon successful completion of term
JOB SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Below is a summary of each Specialist position. To view a full job description, including position-specific qualifications, please visit our application page at conservationcorps.org/apply.
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA, PARKS AND TRAILS (PAT) DEPARTMENT:
- Work with Google Analytics to produce and help interpret regular reports measuring web traffic and online marketing campaigns.
- Help create and execute social media campaigns and promotions that support the mission and increase engagement.
- Assist in the development of a process and related training for the division to meet online accessibility compliance requirements.
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA, SCIENTIFIC AND NATURAL AREAS (SNA) PROGRAM:
- Assist in the development and implementation of social media initiatives and online marketing technology.
- Implement focused surveys and evaluate strategies to increase outdoor recreation participation and a long-term conservation ethic.
- Coordinate events and assist in communications with volunteers and the SNA site steward network.
- Assist with the development of Parks and Trails Division strategic plans, program plans, system plans, unit plans, environmental review documents, legislative studies and research.
- Assist with GIS/GPS field work (ground-truthing), photographic collection and organization, and other data collection needs.
- Assist in the development and presentation of materials that could be used to provide education and training for Corps crews throughout the state.
- Experience facilitating meetings and group decision-making processes.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse youth, adults and other volunteers in conservation, education and recreation settings.
- Strong communication and technical writing, effective time management, project oversight skills, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- 18-25 years old.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Gain valuable job skills applicable to any career
- Earn an AmeriCorps education award for school expenses or to pay off qualified student loans
- Learn about current environmental issues and network with natural resource professionals
- Get field experience and gain natural resource management skills
For more details and a complete list of qualifications and requirements, please visit our application page.
How to Apply:
APPLY ONLINE: conservationcorps.org/apply
DEADLINE: October 14, 2016
Questions? Contact Kellie Lager, Recruitment Coordinator
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x31