Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Motor Tram Tour Guide & Driver (Seasonal)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 12:00am
Your friendly demeanor, good communication and interpersonal skills, and superior customer service will contribute positively while you convey extensive park narratives and engage guests. There may be times that you will be operating the Motor Safari trams and Snowball Express buses while simultaneously narrating. All of these important activities are extremely vital in maintaining a high-quality experience for our guests.
Envision providing a guided tour educating our guests about our animal collection and conservation mission while the lions roar, the Buffalo roam, and the giraffes graze upon leaves at the tree tops. Brookfield Zoo is open 365 days a year welcoming over 2 million guests annually. It is an amazing opportunity to actively engage our guests each of those 365 days creating a memorable guest experience that a guest will have for a lifetime.
Brookfield Zoo is open every day of the year including weekends and holidays. We are seeking to fill positions with a variety of start dates with a larger number of these start dates during spring time as we prepare for our busy summer season which kicks off Memorial weekend.
We are seeking individuals that are able to work a flexible schedule that would include working weekend days (when we are busiest) as well as regular week days. The work shifts are usually from 4 to 8 hours in length generally during the hours that Brookfield Zoo is open. The work schedule may start as early as 8:00 a.m. and end as late as 7:00 p.m. (10:00 p.m. on weekends and for special events). This position generally requires flexible availability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends. Due to the driving requirement, a valid driver's license is required and you must be at least 18 years of age for this position.
The requirements for this position include:
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent preferred.
- Six months of prior driving experience transporting people preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills; must be flexible and patient.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with the public are required.
- Theatrical experience preferred.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
- Multilingual ability and Spanish fluency a plus.
- Accurate basic math and reading skills required.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Valid driver's license required. Illinois residents must possess a valid Illinois license within 90 days of hire. Valid out-of-state license required for out-of-state residents.
- One or more of the following licensures may be required: Valid "C" or "B" (CDL) Driver's License.
- Valid medical authorization card required for positions responsible for operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
Do you have a voice for radio? Do you like talking to people? Do you have a background in theater? If so, this may be an ideal position for you. Don't wait, apply today for our multiple openings!
How to Apply:
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.
If interested in being considered for this opportunity, please visit the CZS Career Center to obtain more details about the position and to apply by submitting your profile. Please visit our website at www.czs.org/careers. Please look for requisition number 1369BR.