Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Ms. Smarty-Plants Bilingual Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 2, 2016, 9:00am
- Present a fun, entertaining and charismatic program portrayed as the Ms Smarty-Plants™ character to all audiences while emphasizing the importance of conservation.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of hands-on, positive teaching techniques while managing large groups of children and adults.
- Perform simple magic tricks and songs to encourage enthusiasm for saving the Earth.
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to California State Standard's goals and objectives and highlights conservation and sustainability.
- Engage the public with positive conservation messaging.
- Lead tours of The Garden to both adults and children.
- Interact with docent/volunteer corps at The Garden.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to write and develop curriculum.
- Keep current in subject matter knowledge and assist in the ongoing curriculum development process, including inquiry based multi-age educational learning.
- Keep current on California State Standards, NGSS, STEM and Common Core.
- Travel to and from outreach locations.
- Ability to maintain integrity of the Ms. Smarty-Plants™ character at all times.
- Ability to learn a song in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Education / Experience Requirements
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation. A minimum of two years relevant experience in an outdoor education setting preferred, with a strong emphasis on conservation education. Teaching or experience working with children a must.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Communicate effectively with children, adults, staff and volunteers both orally and in writing
- Comfortable addressing a diverse group
- Acting or performance experience a plus
- Support conservation efforts
- Interest or experience in public gardens, museums and/or nonprofits a plus
- Work independently and collaboratively in a multi-faceted and sometimes, demanding work environment
- Organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date records and reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word)
How to Apply:
To apply please send cover letter and email to Education Specialist, Jillian Quint email@example.com