Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Mt. St. Helens N'tl Volcanic Monument-Environmental Educator-U.S. Military Veterans Only
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
General Responsibilities (to include, but not limited to):
- Provide visitor information and visitor services including sales of passes and permits.
- Develop and deliver interpretative programs.
- Promote Leave -No -Trace camping principles.
- Present environmental education to school groups in the forest, in classrooms and in overnight camps.
- Assist with outreach and education for fire prevention .
- Assist with outreach and development of school-based programs.
- Complete a Community Action Project that is identified by the Intern, researched, and implemented during the term of service.
- Attend and complete all MAI/AmeriCorps training and service requirements including orientation, trainings, team meetings and national service days.
- Complete and submit all necessary MAI/AmeriCorps paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Wear an MAI uniform and/or appropriate identifiers and required safety gear while performing service or attending official events.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and ability to provide documentation. Must comply with Driver Certification and Safety Agreement (see VetsWork Application Documents on website).
- Attend a mandatory orientation in Corbett, OR from 2/6 to 2/10, quarterly Intern trainings in Trout Lake, WA (food and lodging provided for orientation and trainings), and quarterly Intern meetings.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to coordinate and organize people and resources.
- Must have an interest in public service and like working with the public.
- Ability to hike on uneven ground, climb slopes, use hand tools, and enjoy work in the outdoors.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have served in US Armed Forces and have a DD214 with an honorable discharge.
- At least 21 years of age at beginning of service term.
- U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent, or commit to earning one prior to receiving an education award.
- Ability to commit to the full 45-week term of service.
***Visit: http://www.mtadamsinstitute.com/jobs/ for a full position description and application instructions.***
***To view a short video about Mt. Adams Institute’s VetsWork program visit http://www.mtadamsinstitute.com/programs/.***
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 6, 2017
How to Apply:
-$1,100 Monthly Living Allowance
-$5,775 Education Award
-Child Care Assistance
-Student Loan Forbearance