Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
National Public Lands Day Manager (temporary, contract position)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 5:00pm
The employee will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders around the following roles and responsibilities:
- Revision of the 2016 NPLD plan and creation of a corresponding action plan
- Management of the NPLD recruitment and registration process
- Collaboration with other staff and external partners to promote the integration of environmental education, citizen science, health and wellness, and recreational activities into NPLD events across the country
- Design and implementation of an NPLD Signature Site event
- Management of relationships with representatives from federal, state and local land management agencies. Leverage existing constituencies and develop new allies to engage in NPLD
- Identification of traditionally underrepresented audiences/communities in environmental education, stewardship, and health promotion activities
- Collaboration with federal and state staff to secure NPLD proclamations
- Assistance in securing, coordinating and engaging partners from the private sector in promoting and/or participating in NPLD events
- Coordination and implementation of an evaluation strategy for NPLD in collaboration with staff from the Research and Best Practices unit as well as federal and local partners
- Preparation of program reports for federal and corporate sponsors/stakeholders
- Assistance in informing and implementing a communications strategy for promoting NPLD Collaboration with staff on NPLD web content, promotional information, press releases and related products. Develop briefing materials for the NPLD signature event.
- Work with technical support staff to identify, communicate, and troubleshoot web-related NPLD problems
- Respond to program inquiries from internal and external stakeholders
Other event related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: environmental education, corporate social responsibility, marketing, outreach, and/or community relations desired
- Fluency in Spanish and English desired
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to manage clients from the public and private sectors
- Strong event management skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience engaging and working with underrepresented communities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with fundraising
- Ability to sit in meetings for long periods of time
- Ability to travel if necessary
- Ability to work effectively using program management and other tools on a personal computer for long periods of time
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations; and
- Contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include NPLD Manager in the subject line. This temporary, contract position is based in Washington, DC.
The salary is commensurate with experience. The Foundation offers excellent benefits.