Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Position starts ASAP.
Naturalists lead groups of fifth and sixth grade students from diverse backgrounds through a 4-day learning experience that is appropriately adapted to the needs of the group and seasonal climate. Naturalists are assigned to work with 2-6 volunteers a week and provide an evaluation of the volunteer. Naturalists share in a variety of camp and program related duties on a rotational basis, including running of meals, orientations, recreational programs/activities, and evening duties.
- BA or BS, preferably in the field of science or environmental studies.
- One year of teaching experience or 2 years working on a science related field project.
- This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility as well as commitment to building developmental assets in adults and youth. Additionally, the YMCA values diversity, youth, and a broad vision of health and wellness which is enhanced by relationship building.
- Incumbent must be certified in Community CPR and First Aid or able to obtain once hired.
- Strong human and public relation skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, staff, volunteers, teachers, and parents.
- The ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must have good decision making skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage group sizes between 20-250 students
- Background in natural sciences, environmental and recreational activities is preferred.
- Familiarity with outdoor education and teaching techniques used in the outdoors is preferred.
- Must have general knowledge of needs and behavior of school age children.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
How to Apply:
search for 'naturalist'