Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Position Title: Naturalist
Supervisor: School Program Manager
Category: Casual Part Time (<24 hours/week)
Schedule: Varies based on programming
Revision: October 2016
With direction from the School Program Manager, leads school groups on an as-needed basis as part of CNC’s education team. Additional responsibilities also include assisting other staff and other CNC teams to plan and deliver educational and interpretative programs and hikes. Executes all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service and in keeping with the Nature Center’s Mission, Values and Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and lead school groups through interpretive educational experiences at Rowe Woods.
- Attend all required trainings with a focus on continuous improvement to deliver effective and inspirational school programs as needed.
- Typical program times are 9am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday, from approximately September through May with school groups and June through August with day camps.
- Use natural history knowledge to support CNC programming by deliver top quality programs in areas including: led-hikes, off-site booths, CNC clubs, summer camp, special events, and other programs as assigned.
- Typical program times run in the evenings and on weekends, year round.
- These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned herein.
Education and Competencies:
- Enrolled in or completed a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent group management skills with both children and adults are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in public speaking.
- Strong knowledge of local natural history and basic biological science
- Proven ability working with children and adults
- Commitment and ability to articulate CNC’s mission
- A sense of humor, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must remain current in First Aid and CPR training.
- Must pass a background check
- Proficiency in email applications
- The work is performed indoors in an office environment and outdoors in the nature preserve.
- This position requires the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
How to Apply:
To apply, folloow the link to our careers page!