Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, November 11, 2016, 5:00pm
Nature Vision is a non-profit environmental education organization that fosters appreciation and stewardship of our environment by educating and connecting community to the world around us. Nature Vision serves over 65,000 preK-12th grade students annually. In 2015 the Nature Vision team received the Kids Outside Alliance Award for our work connecting youth with nature. In 2010, we received the Michael Mercer Water Conservation Educator Award with partners for the annual Sammamish Watershed Festival. Nature Vision was also honored with the 2007-2008 Environmental Education Association of Washington’s (EEAW) Award for Organizational Excellence.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Presenting environmental education and outreach programs to schools and other groups in classrooms and outdoor settings from the Nature Vision menu of programs. Training is provided.
- Prep and clean-up of materials for presentations.
- Driving to presentation sites driving across King and parts of Snohomish County to reach schools and other sites registered for programs. Our main office is located in Woodinville, WA.
- Special projects as assigned.
Part-time, 8-30 hours/week, varies according to candidate availability and program registration
$15-$16/hour to start
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in Education, Interpretation, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science or a related field.
- Combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to work in the field and in classrooms with diverse groups of students.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to read, speak, and write the English language clearly.
- Must pass WA State Patrol criminal records check.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and own insured vehicle to drive to field sites. Mileage is reimbursed at federal rate.
- Must maintain current Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certificates. May need to occasionally lift objects up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Ginny Ballard, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11, 2016 at 5 pm.