Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver school and adult education programs including outreach, field trips/tours, camps, homeschool programs, and community festivals
- Lead onsite public education programs at Conservancy Nature Center
- Teach about Southwest Florida's habitats, wildlife, and conservation to all age groups
- Support with program and curriculum development for education program offerings
- Co-develop and serve as lead counselor for Conservancy Camp programs
- Handle ambassador animals for educational programs
- Assist with training and supervision of education interns
- Support with maintenance of program materials/inventory/spaces
- Provide support to volunteer groups including Briggs Boardwalk, Clam Pass, Tigertail Beach, and Fairs and Festivals
- Develop special projects and new programs, as directed by manager or supervisor
- Assist with special Conservancy-wide events such as Magic Under the Mangroves and Earth Day festival
- Work effectively as a member of the team and provides support to the Education team as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in ecology, science, education or related field
- Minimum two years of related experience, with science/ecology background and experience
- Strong commitment to the conservation of biodiversity, environmental quality and natural resources
- Enthusiastic desire to work with children and adults
- Experience and ability to responsibly handle live animal ambassadors for educational programs
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about local ecosystems and natural history of Southwest Florida
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and implement educational programs, projects and activities related to the mission of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and classroom management skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Knowledge and use of scientific lab equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Visit this link to learn more and apply!