Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Naturalist - Early Childhood Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 20, 2016, 4:30pm
Basic Functions: To develop, implement, conduct, and evaluate early childhood community environmental education and recreation programs at Tamarack Nature Center; to work cooperatively with Tamarack Nature Center partners including schools and community groups in the planning, implementation and evaluation of early childhood programs; and to perform other related duties as assigned.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Plan and conduct programs for Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and preschool classes conducted at Tamarack Nature Center on natural history and outdoor recreational topics; including preparation and cleanup after program delivery.
- Develop learning experiences and materials, employ effective teaching strategies while adhering to the program philosophy and vision.
- Facilitate learning experiences in a classroom and outdoor environment by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Create an inviting and safe classroom and outdoor environment that responds to the needs of individual learners.
- Assist in maintaining the Tamarack Nature Center's collections and inventory of program teaching supplies and recreation equipment.
- Actively participate in partnerships with area school districts and other community organizations to promote and enhance environmental education for young children.
- May conduct interactive and educational programs (such as hikes and tours) at the Nature Center for early childhood youth and families, and special groups such as scouts, homeschoolers, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens.
- Respond to questions from the public, relaying program information, explaining park rules, and helping with plant and animal identification and natural history topics.
- Contribute ideas and content for program curriculum, exhibits, and displays for the Tamarack Nature Center buildings, grounds, and trails.
- Provide early childhood training to Tamarack Nature Center education staff, volunteers and other support staff.
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
Education: Two years post-secondary education concentrating in early childhood education, biology, ecology, environmental science, science education or a related field.
Experience: One year (2080 hours) of experience developing or conducting developmentally appropriate environmental education and interpretive programs for children 2-6 years old.
How to Apply:
To view the complete job description and apply online for the Naturalist – Early Childhood Specialist visit the Ramsey County jobs page at https://www.ramseycounty.us/jobs. Online applications for this position must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm on Monday, June 20, 2016.
Salary Range: $18.08 - $26.66 Hourly ($37,605.22 - $55,459.72 Annually)