Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Naturalist Educator (AmeriCorps)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, August 31, 2020, 5:15pm
Website:Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation
The Naturalist Educator, an AmeriCorps member, will be an essential member of the team for this young non-profit organization. This person will primarily implement and support the Student Stewards Program. The Student Stewards Program uses public parks within walking distance of under-served schools as learning laboratories. Students engage in hands-on citizen science research with a goal of improved academic engagement and better preparation for educational success. This will include teaching a three part class to underserved schools, developing and maintaining relationships with Washoe County schools administration and teachers, and developing and writing curriculum. This AmeriCorps member will also develop and implement the Student Stewards Spring and Summer Camps, a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) camp for economically disadvantaged students.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: September 2020 - August 2021
- Facilitate the Student Stewards Program;
- Write new and enhance current STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics) curriculum using Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with school administrators and teachers;
- Create, write, and implement STEAM and recreational camp programming for the Student Stewards Summer Camp and school break camps;
- Facilitate TMPF’s Junior Naturalist Program.
- Facilitate other interpretive programs such as Truckee Meadows Trails Challenge and Discover Your Parks walks;
- Community outreach for the Student Stewards Program;
- Create new adult education programs and events.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
How to Apply:
Send an email to Devin Genovese at email@example.com
Email/call Devin at 775.360.6068 for more information.
In return for their service, AmeriCorps members receive a modest living allowance of $14,279/year, health benefits during their service, and will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,195.00 upon successful completion of service.