Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Tyler Arboretum Employment
Part Time Naturalist/Educator Position Summary:
Educators are responsible for delivering environmentally based programming for children in small group settings. Educational programming typically includes School field trips, Scout badge programs, eco-birthday parties, family programs and other youth programming.
- Share Tyler’s rich heritage, collections and landscape to inspire and engage stewards of the natural world
- Lead a variety of environmental based programming for youth of varied ages
- Learn Tyler’s environmental education curriculum and implement the purpose, goals and objectives of each program (training provided)
- Set up and prepare for group arrival and clean up and put away equipment and supplies used for programs
- Know and understand emergency procedures associated with the organization
- Excellent character, integrity and adaptability
- Ability to teach and lead various environmental activities, including hiking, campfires, stream & pond activities (training provided)
- At least 1 year of work/volunteer experience in education/youth development related to one or more of the following topics: outdoor activities, environmental studies, youth development or other related topic
- Demonstrated success at teaching outdoor activities to children; teaching experience in an outdoor setting is preferred
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels
- Enthusiasm for the natural world, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Once offered a position, you must satisfactorily complete the required background checks
- Training will be provided
$11.00 - $13.00/hour, commensurate with experience.
Position is part-time, per diem. Programs are offered year-round and hours vary seasonally. Heaviest concentration in fall and spring. Programs are 1-3 hours in length and often fall between the hours of 9:00 and 4:00, Monday through Friday. Educators are expected to attend training sessions and regular staff meetings. The occasional weekend event is required. Opportunities for additional, weekend hours may also be available.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter and three references to:
Youth Programs Manager
515 Painter Road
Media, PA 19063