Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature School Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, March 31, 2022, 12:00pm
The Missouri River Bird Observatory (MRBO) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of birds and their habitats. Our Nature School Coordinator position will provide an opportunity to turn your passion for education and environmental conservation into action and impact.
Job Description: The Nature School Coordinator will be responsible for the curriculum development and implementation of MRBO’s new Nature School in Arrow Rock, MO. The objective of the Nature School is to create a place-based education center serving local school districts and our rural communities. This education center will serve students in three counties with experiences that will incorporate the Missouri Learning Standards and the Grade Level Expectations for public schools through a local natural history perspective. This project will provide resources for educators and communities that would otherwise not be available. This position is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MRBO education staff to develop and implement engaging and effective Nature School curriculum
- Lead planning, coordination, teaching, and evaluation of Nature School programming
- Oversee additional Nature School positions (Assistant Nature School Coordinator and two seasonal Nature School Interns) including hiring, training, and supervision
- Work with MRBO staff and leadership in developing new opportunities for partnership (local school districts, teachers, and administrators; other non-profit organizations)
- Responsible for implementation of the Pilot Program in spring 2022
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience developing curriculum for the classroom and/or non-formal outdoor settings
- Is able and comfortable working and teaching outdoors and in the field, and has prior experience doing so
- Has experience in elementary or middle school teaching and/or administration
- Has a strong familiarity with either the Missouri Learning Standards or the Next Generation Science Standards
- Is familiar with the Missouri Department of Conservation’s Discover Nature School (DNS) conservation science education program
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about environmental education
- Has general ecological understanding from former education or experience
MRBO values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
How to Apply:
To apply for the Nature School Coordinator position please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for two references. Applications will be reviewed in early Jan. 2022. Please email your resume, cover letter and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours and Salary:
- This position requires the candidate to be local and on-site several times per week.
- Full time Salary position. Salary will be $30K - $32K based on project budget.
- Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.