Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature Science Camp Lead
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 9, 2018, 4:00pm
Typical Duties Include:
- Serve as staff lead for the Wittles Program
- Supervise staff counselors and provide hands on training to counselors and volunteers
- Create Daily Plan, including trails to be hiked. games, songs and camp activities
- Act as a role model for staff, volunteers and participants
- Ensure safety of campers and staff at all times
- Administer first aid as required
- Provide office support and assist with other camps as needed
Wittle Camp Dates: are from June 11 through August 10. This position will begin May 15 and will continue through August 24, 2018. Camp Coordinator typically works Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 3:00pm (except week of 4th of July). All staff will work the mandatory training week of June 4 – 8.
Work schedule and the number of work hours per week is not guaranteed, and is dependent upon camp enrollment and the needs of the program as determined by Supervisor. Some night programs and overnight camps are involved as well during this program.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Possess at least one year of experience at coordinating/leading a Nature/Outdoor based camp
- Be passionate about the natural world and inspiring children to appreciate their surroundings
- Enjoy working with children, especially ages 4 -6
- Be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who acts with integrity and possesses a great sense of humor, along with providing excellent customer service
- Must be able to work outdoors and hike up to 8 miles in a variety of terrains and conditions
- Have a valid Driver’s license and upon hire must provide a Department of Motor Vehicle Record of Driving History
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please complete the City Application available at www.cityofpleasantonca.gov
Deadline to apply is April 9. Interview date has been set for April 11. Alternative dates TBD.
If you have questions about this position, you may contact Daniel Villasenor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 931-5348.