Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature Trek Play Leader
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 5, 2017, 5:00pm
May 27 – October 29, 2017 (Training May 20 & 21, 24 & 25, 9:30a-3:00p)
Must be able to work weekends and holidays, up to 25 hours per week, 3-5 days/week;
The Education Department at the Bronx Zoo is seeking energetic individuals to lead outdoor play in the new Nature Trek play space. Play leaders will facilitate nature play experiences for visitors, while allowing the children to take the lead in play. Play Leaders will also work with caregivers to help them understand the goals of nature play and how to best encourage children to engage in the play.
Applicants must have a passion for nature and working with children, superior customer service skills, and a desire to educate about wildlife by facilitating fun, interactive experiences. This is a great opportunity for those seeking hands-on experience in environmental education.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage children and families in nature play-based activities throughout the outdoor Nature Trek space in all weather conditions.
- Deliver superior customer service and ensure the safety and comfort of guests, as outlined by the Nature Trek Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, and effective working relations with fellow employees and Play Partner volunteers.
- Attend a 2-day training, and additional training sessions as needed throughout the season.
- Assist with special early morning and evening events within the Nature Trek space.
- Perform all related tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as presented by WCS and the WCS Education Department.
- Experience in environmental education a plus.
- Strong enthusiasm for working with children and their caregivers in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven customer service skills, friendly, and outgoing.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Previous experience working with children and the public.
- Enthusiastic presentation skills, gained from formal or informal teaching or presenting.
- College student, recent college graduate or graduate student.
- Reliable, flexible and accountable.
- Ability to kneel, crawl and crouch for long periods of time
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers
$14.00 per hour