Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
OEC Program Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Fee-based Coordination / Marketing (10%)
- Serve as a liaison with local schools and universities, program partners and other fee-based clients with the OEC.
- Develop marketing and outreach strategies to expand fee-based program partners.
- Promote new ideas to integrate OEC and FLOC in the community.
- Assist Program Director with special projects as needed, such as grant applications, fundraisers, and financial records.
- Coordinate activities, schedules, dietary restrictions, and any other important details both for groups visiting the OEC and specific OEC staff needs for the program.
- Communicate program needs to Site, Kitchen, and Program staff members accordingly with advance notice, typically in the form of weekly meetings.
- Coordinate adjunct facilitator staff scheduling and payment, in accordance with programming calendar and programming provided.
- Attend outreach and hiring events, such as fairs and grant luncheons, with a high level of professionalism.
- Lesson Development / Hands-on Facilitation (70%)
- Develop and/or designate responsibility for all Leaders in Action and Summer camp schedules and curriculum.
- Supervise and manage weekly schedule of Program Assistant, whose primary responsibilities are to assist with Leaders in Action and Summer Camp program implementation.
- Distribute and process student applications for all mission-based programs in Jefferson County, WV, as well as collaborate with DC Camp Coordinator on registering DC students for Summer Camp.
- Facilitate high ropes, low ropes, environmental education, and any other needed programs for fee-based clients.
- Develop collaborative relationships with DC and OEC program staff, including ways to connect the two more throughout the year.
- Compile information for program reports, including but not limited to the Fall Report, End of School Year Report, and Summer Report.
- Design and/or schedule staff training for summer program counselors and adjunct facilitators.
- Serve as lead facilitator for 1-day, 2-day, and week-long programs.
- Occasionally stay as an overnight staff member at the OEC.
- Seek and maintain programming partnerships for mission-based educational opportunities that can be used for Leaders in Action programming as well as summer camp field trips and guest speakers.
- Administration (20%)
- Manage and oversee daily office functions, including but not limited to the copier, fax, company phone line, appropriate service calls, and basic computer assistance.
- Create, type, and file notes from meetings, as well as ensuring messages reach the appropriate staff member(s).
- Coordinate the tentative program calendar as well as the master office calendar, noting all staff absences, program dates, and holidays.
- Assist the DC Accounting department by providing general data entry functions and providing detailed information on spending.
- Execute purchases for program and office supplies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR at least 5 years of significant experience in experiential education / program coordination
- At least 2 years program and/or education experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Significant experience working with youth
- Comfort with spending time outdoors in all types of weather, year-round
- Passion for environmental education
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute
- First Aid, CPR, Wilderness First Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, or similar certification
- Ropes Course, River Guide, and/or Teambuilding facilitation
- Working directly with youth ages 10-14
- Experience with co-facilitating and/or co-teaching
- Lesson Plan development and implementation
- Camp counselor, camp internship, or similar experience is appreciated
- Some classroom teaching/teaching assistant hours is a plus
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at Hr@floc.org with “OEC Program Coordinator” in subject line.