Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 3, 2017, 5:00pm
Nature Vision is a non-profit environmental education organization that fosters appreciation and stewardship of our environment by educating and connecting community to the world around us. Nature Vision serves over 65,000 preK-12th grade students in schools and local greenspaces annually. In 2016 the Nature Vision team received the Environmental Education Award from the Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. In 2015 we received the Kids Outside Alliance Award for our work connecting youth with nature. In 2010, we were awarded the Michael Mercer Water Conservation Educator Award with partners for the annual Sammamish Watershed Festival. Nature Vision was also honored with the 2007-2008 Environmental Education Association of Washington’s (EEAW) Award for Organizational Excellence.
The Office Administrator/Registrar is tasked with keeping the Nature Vision office functioning smoothly and efficiently. Duties include but are not limited to:
Program Registration and Scheduling:
- Maintaining and updating programming schedule in Access database
- Processing all new program registrations and confirming with teachers
- Assigning programs to staff
- Answering all teacher inquiries via phone or email promptly
- Sending program confirmations, staff schedules, and teacher evaluations weekly
- Maintaining online availability calendars
- Creating program reports for funders
- Processing simple background checks of staff and volunteers
- Managing accounts through QuickBooks
- Preparing and distributing monthly invoices
- Processing customer payments and making deposits
- Processing timesheets, payroll distributions
- Bill payment
- Monitoring budget ceilings and creating financial reports for all funders, grants, and contracts
- Processing and paying all payroll taxes monthly and quarterly
- Creating W-2 and W-3 annually
- Working with CPA to provide documentation for IRS 990 annually
Other additional duties as assigned.
Works closely with Nature Vision Executive Director, Education Manager, and teaching staff. Training is provided by the NV team. Outside classes in basic accounting can be provided for the right candidate.
Start Date: March 2017
Full time or part time depending on candidate need.
Job requires a minimum of 25-30 hours per week. 40 hours per week can be available if desired.
$17-18/hour to start, depending on experience.
Paid time off: 5 days sick/personal time, 10 holidays, and 10 days of vacation time for 40 hours per week; prorated for part time.
- A combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform job duties above and work with diverse educators is required.
- Experience in accounting, registration, nonprofits, education, and/or related fields required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree encouraged.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Access, and QuickBooks desired.
- Ideal candidate is highly organized and efficient, with a passion for coordinating high quality educational experiences for youth.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to read, speak, and write the English language clearly.
- Must pass WA State Patrol criminal records check.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and own insured vehicle to occasionally drive to field sites or our Farm and Nature Preschool.
- Mileage for errands is reimbursed at federal rate.
- Must maintain current Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certificates.
- May need to occasionally lift objects up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume (as .pdf or .doc attachments) to Ginny Ballard, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 3, 2017 at 5 pm. Please note desire for full time or part time work.