Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Ohio Stream Restore Corps AmeriCorps program
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, June 1, 2017, 11:30pm
Ohio Stream Restore Corps is a program administered by Rural Action that places 35 AmeriCorps into communities throughout Appalachian Ohio to perform direct service related to watershed restoration, environmental education, economy building through heritage tourism, and zero waste. Members are placed with Rural Action programs and local partner organizations to serve the needs of the region. Through their direct service and the volunteers they mobilize, AmeriCorps members help build the capacity of local communities while gaining valuable certifications and experience for the future.
Benefits for AmeriCorps Positions Include:
- An annual living allowance of $12,630
- An education award totaling $5,815 for a completed term of service, eligible for existing federal student loans or future education expenses at accredited universities
- Child care allowance for members who qualify
- Healthcare Coverage for AmeriCorps members
- Mileage reimbursement for travel during service activities
Positions allow for part-time outside employment or attendance at an institution of higher learning during service year.
OSRC AmeriCorps members serve at the following host site offices:
- Rural Action Watersheds, Athens/Perry/Tuscarawas County
- Rural Action Environmental Education, Athens County
- Rural Action Zero Waste Program, Athens County
- Rural Action Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry, Athens County
- Rural Action Capacity Building Member, Athens County
- Raccoon Creek Partnership, Athens County
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Perry/Hocking/Licking County
- Wayne National Forest, Athens County
- ReUse Maker Space, Athens County
- Buckeye Trail Association, Athens County
- Dairy Barn Arts Center, Athens County
- Ohio’s Hill Country Heritage Area, Perry County
- Little Cities of Black Diamonds, Perry County
- Morgan County Convention and Visitors Bureau, McConnelsville
- Camp Oty’Okwa, Hocking County
- Tuscarawas County Commissioners, Tuscarawas County
- Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District, Tuscarawas County
- Captina Creek Conservancy, Belmont County
- United Plant Savers, Meigs County
Visit http://ruralaction.org/get-involved/americorps/ for more!
How to Apply:
1. Go to my.americorps.gov; Click “Apply to Serve” (bottom of screen)
2. Build an application; you will need two references. Allow two weeks for their response before submitting.
3. Search Listings for Ohio Stream Restore Corps
4. Click the OSRC name and Apply!
5. A confirmation email from the OSRC director, Candi Withem, will be sent.