Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Open Air Classroom Field Teacher
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Teach hands-on, outdoor, ecology- lessons to grades K- 12 for day and overnight programs.
- Work independently and with staff to develop and maintain teaching resources.
- Participate in staff training and daily staff meetings to plan and evaluate programs.
- Participate in other program-related events and functions.
- Contribute ideas for continual development of programs and to strengthen our teaching team.
- Take part in routine tasks of cooking, gardening, cleaning and upkeep of program spaces to support the staff community.
- Responsible for cabin-duties (student supervision) on some overnight programs.
- Foster interpersonal relationships that reflect courtesy, civility and mutual respect.
- Demonstrate responsible and safe decision-making skills.
- Motivation to work with children in a high energy, outdoor setting
- Experiential education experience with youth, preferably in an outdoor, setting
- Knowledge of ecological concepts and natural history (degree in related field preferred)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to be in an active, outdoor environment, in a variety of weather conditions for 5 or more hours per day
- Ability to lead groups over various terrain (uneven ground, roots, uphill hiking), while carrying a small backpack with teaching and first aid supplies
- Professional appearance and attitude
Dates: August 29 – October 25, 2016 Monday – Friday workweek primarily, possible weekend work. Fall and summer position also available; contact us for more details.
For more information visit: http://extension.umaine.edu/tanglewood/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Start Date:
Thursday, August 25, 2016
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, names and contact information of 3 references to: Open Air Classroom Coordinator, Tanglewood 4-H Camp; One Tanglewood Rd.; Lincolnville, ME 04849 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 207-789-5805
$280/week starting salary, depending on qualifications; shared, rustic housing (optional) and meals are provided during overnight programs.