Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Open Air Classroom Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 9, 2018, 4:30pm
Our mission is to teach Maine youth and adults to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and nature-based experiences. Our vision is to create a place where people learn to live responsibly and in balance with the earth.
- Teach hands-on, outdoor, ecology lessons to grades K- 12 for day and overnight programs.
- Work independently and with staff to develop and maintain teaching resources.
- Participate in staff training and daily staff meetings to plan and evaluate programs.
- Take part in routine tasks of dishes, gardening, cleaning and upkeep of program spaces to support the staff community.
- Overnight supervision in student/camper cabins (occasionally expected of Field Teachers in the spring and fall).
- Foster interpersonal relationships that reflect courtesy, civility, and mutual respect.
- Demonstrate responsible and safe decision-making skills.
- Motivation to work with children in a high energy, outdoor setting
- Experiential education experience with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Knowledge of ecological concepts and natural history
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Ability to be in an active, outdoor environment, in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to lead groups over various terrain (uneven ground, roots, uphill hiking), while carrying a small backpack with teaching and first aid supplies
- Professional appearance and attitude.
Compensation: $300.00/ week, shared, rustic housing; meals are provided during overnight residential programs.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org; (207) 789-5805.