Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:BCPS OEC, Clear Lake Camp
Job details: Outdoor Education Instructors lead 5th and 6th grade students during 3 to 5 day camps. Instructors are both teachers and camp counselors. The ideal instructor is comfortable leading games, teaching outdoor skills, processing team initiatives, teaching basic ecology, and generally being a leader to students. Training on specific curriculum is provided. All instructors also spend a few weeks each season as dormitory leaders, supervising either the boys or girls dorm for a week instead of daytime teaching duties. Our instructors provide 24 hour supervision to students by working in teams and shifts. A typical work day lasts about 10 hours, with time-off to chill in your cabin or run to town each morning or evening. All instructors are trained to lead all activities, from running a meal to supervising dorms at night to low ropes to predator-prey games and so much more!
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer fields such as education, outdoor recreation, natural sciences, or related.
- Experience working with children required. Prefer classroom, camp, and/or outdoor education experience.
- Before hire, complete background check, drug screen, and central registry check as well as online training modules.
- Live on site during school camp. Individual housing provided in either cabin or lodge room.
- More details on our website!
- Spring 2017 season staff training will begin around April 10, 2017. Season runs through June 9, 2017. Summer day camp opportunities available to spring and fall instructors too.
- Fall generally runs from September through mid December.
Position Start Date:
Monday, April 10, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send formal cover letter, resume, and 4 professional references (including reference's title, relationship, phone number, and email) to Bettina Hasty, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com . Phone inquiries are welcome at 269-721-8161.
- $70 per day for the first season. Increases for second and third seasons.
- Housing is available year round. It is included during the residential school camp season, and staff are welcome to stay during the "off" season in exchange for volunteer work. Instructors are required to live on site during the week when students are staying overnight.
- Free laundry in staff bathhouse and wifi in the main lodge, plus staff kitchenette.
Bettina Hasty (or Amy Cherry)