Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 16, 2018, 9:00am
Serving over 2,000 students per season, Outdoor Education Instructors will empower students to connect with nature, have fun while learning and create memories that will last a lifetime. For many of our students this is the first time they have ever been in the natural world. Join them for many of those firsts such as holding a salamander or seeing a tree up close.
Outdoor Education Instructors lead hands on science based classes including Lake Study, Animal Adaptations, Forest Ecology, Discovery Hike and more. We also focus on outdoor adventure activities such as Team Building, Climbing Tower, High Ropes Course and Archery. Age range for groups is preschool to high school. Each class lasts about an hour (3 classes per visit) with trail group sizes of 12-18 students. No evening duties are required.
Other components of the job include leading orientation, daily set up and clean up of camp, organizing class supplies, completing camp projects, new program development, participating in 1 1/2 weeks paid staff training and teaching seminars. Optional weekend program work is available for additional pay.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly desired, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with youth in an outdoor setting is preferred.
- Must be a team player and also able to take on leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to stay motivated, professional, patient, positive, hardworking and flexible in an outdoor setting.
- Desire to teach and inspire children and adults.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to learn and master curriculum.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups.
- Salary of $275 per 5-day week with on-site housing, meals when groups are scheduled.
- Salary of $8 an hour without housing, meals when working.
- Laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, YMCA Membership, First Aid/CPR training and certification provided.
- Spring Outdoor Education is 3 month position with the option to stay on for summer and fall (totaling 8 months)
- Access to camp equipment during time off (climbing tower, mountain bikes, watercraft to name a few, plus miles of hiking trails).
For those interested, we do have internships available for spring and fall. April-June and September-November are our Outdoor Education Seasons. June-August is our Summer Camp Season with Program Specialist, Camp Counselor and Leadership Positions available.
Start Date: March 27, 2018
To Find out More Visit: www.wbymca.org/camp-kresge/camp-kresge-employment/
How to Apply:
To Apply: Send resume, at least 3 references and cover letter to:
Outdoor Education Director
382 Camp Kresge Lane
White Haven, PA 18661