Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Penn 4-H Center is seeking instructors for our Fall school programs season: August 14 - November 15, 2017 with opportunities for continued employment in our spring/summer camp programs.
NC State University's Penn 4-H Center provides day and overnight programs to elementary, middle, and high school students on our 220 acres.
- Provide instruction for nearly 20 programs in environmental science and cultural history to elementary students in the Environmental Education program. Topics include aquatic ecology, forest measurments, predator/prey relationships, wildlife habitats, pioneer living history, and much more.
- Facilitate ground initiatives, team challenge course, and high ropes course elements with middle and high school students in our Soaring Thru Spaces program.
- Provide leadership for GPS based, outdoor science geocaching explorations with middle school students in Project ORIENT.
- Enhance the mental, physical, and social development of the students participating in the program by being a positive role model and excited leader.
- Participate in ongoing training programs that prepare staff in content knowledge, program delivery, and safety procedures.
- Assist in the day to day upkeep of all program supplies, program areas, and camp facilities.
- Instructors oversee all day and evening programs but no overnight supervisory duties in student cabins is required.
Staff can anticipate a lot of long hour days throughout the season, often beginning at 7:45am and ending at 9:00pm when overnight groups are on-site. Mostly 5 day work weeks with some weekend work required.
- Applicants should have a Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Experience working with kids may take the place of some college credits.
- Applicants must have a love for working with kids, an interest in experiential education, and a ton of patience!!
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a love for hard work in a team atmosphere are crucial to successful job completion.
Instructors receive $300/week plus a private room in the staff house w/ wireless internet and laundry facility. Paid staff training and meals are also provided.