Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Must be able to fulfill the Essential Functions of the Outdoor Education Instructor position
- Four-year degree in Education, environmental studies, social science, science, or outdoor recreation, Equivalent relevant work experience may be acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience working with children in an organized educational or recreational setting.
- Ability to work long hours including early mornings and evenings until 9:30pm
- Ability to work independently.
- Committed to excellence and furthering the educational and environmental mission of the organization.
- Maintains certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- Upon hire, completes a fingerprint and background check.
- Demonstrates the ability to positively maintain a focused learning environment in a variety of situations and settings.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of California natural and cultural histories. Uses teaching techniques to dynamically present the facts and underlying principles of these disciplines to students of a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Keeps abreast of current information in the fields of science, social science and education.
- Explains safety procedures to participants in educational activities and strictly enforces safety guidelines.
- Works with supervisors to resolve participant behavioral problems.
- Understands and maintains safety and conduct expectations outlined in the Ocean Institute Employee Handbook and other Ocean Institute documents.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Assists the program director/coordinator in the overall administration of the program.
- Assists the program director/coordinator in implementing new curricula.
- Participates in Ocean Institute staff meetings, training and enhancement activities.
- Interacts professionally with colleagues and public.
- Works as part of a team with other Ocean Institute staff members and uses interpersonal communication techniques to ensure the success of the programs and positive work environment.
- Maintains a positive attitude in a vigorous working environment.
How to Apply:
Please send a Resume and cover letter to Director of Outdoor Education, Nathan Taxel- firstname.lastname@example.org