Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth.
- Lead and assist with the teaching of educational curriculum chosen by teachers and in activity areas including archery, rifles, climbing tower, and high ropes, team building as well as nature and science based programs.
- Engage campers in songs, games, group fillers, or discussions between classes and during other break times.
- Organize, set up, and tear down the program areas and place equipment in appropriate closet or storage shed.
- Demonstrate teamwork and work closely and professionally with other staff members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of educational program and curriculum activities for students within the mission and outcomes.
- Know and follow all safety guidelines set out by Camp Eberhart and the ACA.
- Maintain a supplied and clean dining hall.
- Prior experience working with children in a camp setting preferred.
- Experience teaching nature themed programs preferred.
- Experience teaching recreational activities preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to deomonstrate knowledge and skill in program areas.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Ability to adapt within an ever-changing work environment.
- Current CPR and First-Aid certification preferred.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 22, 2016
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Outdoor Education Director
YMCA Camp Eberhart
10481 Camp Eberhart Rd.
Three Rivers, MI 49093
Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Position runs from:
Mid-August through Thanksgiving.
Pay is per diem: $50-$75 (DOE) + housing + food.
Membership to the Michiana YMCA (located close by in South Bend, IN).