Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, September 1, 2022, 12:00am
Camp Bob Cooper is located in the Lowcountry of South Carolina on a 110 acre peninsula on Lake Marion (South Carolina’s largest lake). Our location provides a range of ecosystems being in a lake setting and an hour from the coast in Charleston. Instructors will be trained and teach children in aquatic ecology, forestry studies, wildlife ecology, soils science, natural history of the area, teams course, and high adventure (ropes courses and climbing wall). The job includes day and evening programs but no overnight supervision of school children in cabins. We also work with various private and public groups that want a rental experience in a camp setting.
- Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
- Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
- Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
- Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
- Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
- Provide facilitation and guidance on public and private rental groups
- Provide great customer service
- Work hard & Play hard.
- Degree in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Parks & Recreation or related field preferred OR Experience in Environmental Ed Programs and or Camping Programs
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
- Must be willing to work hard and committed to the team.
- Pay of $525/week plus housing, meals, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
How to Apply:
Send resumes to Candice Heatherly at firstname.lastname@example.org